Manila, Philippines – Lean Porquia, son of slain activist Jory Porquia, files the 21st petition against the Terror Law together with 18 other online bloggers and influencers at the Supreme Court.
Porquia said that justice has been elusive for freedom fighters and victims of extra judicial killings in the country and the Terror Law will be used to weaponize state sponsored killings. “Tatay was murdered in April, it’s already July, diin na ang hustisya?” Porquia said.
“We are filing the petition because dissenting opinion against Duterte’s government is under attack, pila pa ang plano pahipuson, patyon sang gobyerno ni Duterte? Porquia added.
Porquia joins 18 other petitioners who are active in the online platforms of Facebook and Twitter:
- MARK AVERILLA, known as Macoy Dubs
- MARITA DINGLASAN, known as Aling Marie
- JUAN MIGUEL SEVERO, spoken word artist and writer
- Blogger JOVER LAURIO, Pinoy Ako Blog
- Blogger and columnist TONYO CRUZ
- Blogger-turned-lawmaker MONG PALATINO
- Twitter bhie bhie gurl and college student MARK GERONIMO
- Artist and college student ALBERT RAQUENO
- Mental Health champion DR. GIA SISON
- Award-winning artist, illustrator and author ROB CHAM
- Writer and LGBT advocate THYSZ ESTRADA
- Writer and editor STEFAN PUNONGBAYAN
- Community manager NOELLE CAPILI
- Blogger and advocate JAY ROCAS
- Agrarian Reform Campaigner JC MERCADO
- Engineer and activist VICTOR CRISOSTOMO
- Cebu tourism advocate KA BINO GUERERRO
- Mindanao blogging community pioneer BLOGIE ROBILLO
- LEAN PORQUIA, Reklamador Facebook Page
Influencers like Macoy Dubs, Juan Miguel Severo, Tonyo Cruz, and Aling Marie are together with him in filing the petition. They will be represented by a UPV alumnus and currently the Dean of the Graduate School of Law of San Sebastian Recolletos, Atty. Rodel Taton.
Reference: Lean Porquia