ILOILO City – Families of three (3) out of the 60 Philippine National Police (PNP) identified suspects of the June 18 Maasin raid raised alarm for their safety and security as their photos became viral on social media on Thursday evening.
In an interview with Bombo Radyo Iloilo, Bitma Cordero, aunt of accused Joerey Cordero, said she was shocked to see the picture of her nephew in the wanted list.
“Joerey was in our house in Alimodian when the Maasin raid happened,” she said.
Highschool students Joerey Cordero, 21 and John Rey Aguado disputed PNP accusations when they voluntary went to Alimodian Police Station on Friday to clear their names together with their families and teachers.
The two students are currently enrolled in Gines National High School and both are residents of Brgy. Bagsakan of Alimodian.
“My nephew is just a simple student who tends our farm and is not a member of the NPA,” the lady Cordero added.
Another suspected NPA is the daughter of NDF Visayas Consultant Concha Araneta Bocala, Maria Ilych Bocala.
According to her brother, Ilych worked as an overseas sales staff and kindergarten teacher in Shenzhen, China for ten years.
“Indi gid ini mayo ang ila nga gina-ubra. Base ila minatuoran kag mabutang sa delikado ang sitwasyon ni Inday Ilych,” her brother commented in a Facebook post.
(What they [PNP] are doing is not good. My sister is in danger because if their accusations.)
Twenty three police officers of Maasin police station filed complaints against 60 suspected members of the NPA following the June 18 raid that took 11 of their high powered arms and four pistols.
The complaints filed against them were:
• Robbery in band
• Serious illegal detention
• Direct assault upon agents of persons in authority
• Tumults and other disturbances of public order, and
• Violation of Republic Act 10883 (New Anti-Carnapping Act of 2016)
Of the 60 respondents who are all members of Coronacion Chiva Waling-Waling Command of the NPA-Panay, the PNP identified 20 using the video provided by the NPA while labeling as John and Jane Does the remaining 40.
The 20 PNP identified NPAs were:
* Joven Ceralvo, of Igbaras, Iloilo
* Joan Fajardo of Mina, Iloilo
* Chiva Diaz of Lambunao, Iloilo
* Melvin Dayaday of Dumarao, Capiz
* Mary Ilych Bocala of Iloilo City
* Ronnie Canon of Tubungan, Iloilo
* Romeo Esmediana of Igbaras, Iloilo
* Joerey Cordero of Alimodian, Iloilo
* John Rey Aguado of Alimodian, Iloilo
* Gamay Montefrio of Maasin, Iloilo
* Karma John Suarez of Calinog, Iloilo
* Leizle Bandiola
* a certain Ruby and Katkat of Tapaz, Capiz
* Lanie Gardose and Christy Cabales of Tapaz, Capiz
* a certain Niel of Igbaras, Iloilo
* Randy Canoy Gamica of Tapaz, Capiz
* Erver Buenconchillo of Igbaras, Iloilo
* Levy John Palencia of Dumarao, Capiz.
Human rights lawyers offered assistance to victims while possible counter charges are sought. (John Ian S. Alenciaga | panaytoday.net)